Nestlé-Free Zone



Saturday, December 30, 2006

Pahysee?

This one is one of the cutest things Emma says. It is also one of the hardest to phonetically spell. Say "spicy" without the 's' at the beginning, with a strong southern drawl and start high and go higher like a question. Got that? Also - look at whomever you are addressing with an earnest, quizzical look. Emma has started saying this in response to almost every new thing that she tastes. I'm not sure why she has started applying it in this way. We tell her that she won't want any of daddy's food because it is too spicy for her - Tuan loves really spicy (read: hot!) food.


On Christmas day my oldest sister joined us at another of my sister's farm. Whew, got that? My brother-in-law pulled the kids around in a sled behind their 4-wheeler. All of the kids had tons of fun and I loved watching them. Emma joined her daddy on the sled, bundled up to the eye-brows and not exactly sure what was going on. My brother-in-law reved the engine and pulled forward a little bit. As soon as they began moving forward, Emma got this look on her face that I regret so much not catching on camera. Her smile literally took the rest of her face off! We don't get many white Christmas's in Oklahoma, so this one in Idaho was a real treat.

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Yeah, Anna doesn't use the word spicy--she says, is this hot? There's not deciphering between being hot as in very warm or hot as in very spicy. What a cute picture and what fun memories you are having in the snow! I am so jealous!!! No snow here...*sniff*

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,

Just got your Christmas letter and I'll take your cute announcement to Relief Society this week. Congratulations on the successful home birth! It really shows you what you're made of, huh? Daniel's adorable.

What a fun little journal you have going here. I'm glad to hear that you are happy and settled. We sure miss you here - we lost so many neat people last summer and haven't quite recovered. Keep in touch!

Love, Mary G.