
This is Emma trying on the costume I made her for her part in our church nativity. I decided that I wanted her to be able to be a part of it and didn't want to find a babysitter for her. So I asked the director if we could be Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus and a Sheepheardess. She said that it would be fine, so we handed Emma a stuffed lamb and headed out onto the stage. If you don't know, Emma LOVES to sing. She loves to sing loudly, too. As we were going to be on the stage for 3 musical numbers, I was pretty nervous that she would break into song and be very distracting. Very lucky for us, she was entranced by the wisemen, the hay and the audience and only sang a little bit and softly. Whew! Oh, and after sewing nursing slits into my costume, Daniel slept through the entire ordeal. Double Whew! During the closing remarks, Emma started veering off to the side and the only thing that would get her to stay close to us was to sit on my lap and hold Daniel. It was a really precious moment.
I love the way Emma says Amen after we finish praying. Withy her usual chin-to-the-ceiling-then-down-to-her-chest head movement: "Ahhhhmen"


1 comment:
SO cute! I'm glad that everything worked out for your nativity tonight. Isn't it wonderful when things flow smoothly??
Post a Comment