Nestlé-Free Zone



Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Poop Hole

While this may have been how I was feeling all weekend, the title of this post is actually what Emma calls the peep hole on our front door.

This last weekend was a real wake-up call for me. I participated in a nativity as Mary. I stressed all day over how Daniel (baby Jesus) would be during our part. I didn't eat or drink very much all day because I was stressing over making Emma's costume and finding my own - thank you, thank you, Cindy for the pattern- you know who you are! :oP (I know, I know -but I didn't procrastinate. Honest! I just didn't realize that it was last weekend instead of this one!) Then we got there and the sets weren't completed yet - so no run-through. Even more stress! I didn't get a chance to eat much for dinner as we had to start our parts. Afterwards, we (I) tried to take some cute pictures of Emma and Daniel in costume for our Christmas pictures. Say it with me everyone: More Stress!! (Do you suppose I need to relax?!) When we finally got everyone change, bundled up, home and unbundled, Emma was wired from the candy-cane the Wise (or not so wise) Men gave her, Daniel was very overstimulated and I was exhausted and very sick. Ugh. Tuan gave them both a bath with him while I ate every scrap of food we had in the house and drank a pitcher of water. Once Emma was in bed, I crashed next to her. It was a pretty bad night and lets just say that Tuan ended up taking Emma to the couch and sleeping there. :o( The next day I slept for 3 hrs in the morning and 3 more in the early evening while Tuan took care of the kids. Whew! This was a real wake-up call to me that I need to take better care of myself. I am breastfeeding two children - one exclusively and the other a toddler for goodness sakes! Remind me of this fact in two weeks for our Christmas music program!

Thanks for waiting so patiently for this latest post! I hope to post more pictures soon - I am currently having trouble with the program I always use.

No comments: