I think that this one flows quite nicely after my last post. Nothing, absolutely nothing that we had sounded good to eat, so I decided to take Emma shopping with me and let Tuan have some Daniel time (and I get some Emma time). So I tell her that we need to get dressed to go shopping. "Eopard dess?" Sure, let's get the leopard dressed. After 5 minutes of choosing the outfit and getting him dressed, Emma was ready to go. Thus I found myself uttering the words: "The leopard may go shopping naked, but you may not!" Wow, things I never thought I would say until I had a toddler!
On a scarier note, our family went to tithing settlement tonight. No, that's not the scary part. The bishop offered Emma a piece of hard candy. I explained to her that it was like a sucker (which she has had) only without the stick. So you suck on it until it's gone. She did really well until she got into her car seat. I'm not sure exactly how I knew she was choking, there was a look on her face and momma instincts kicked in I guess. I started to reach my finger in before remembering that you should NEVER do that if someone is chocking on a piece of food. I grabbed her out of the car seat and held her upright while she coughed it up. Oh. My. Goodness! I was very, very scared. But everything turned out all right. I guess she isn't ready for hard candy after all. No loss there, right!
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
SCARY!! Anna hasn't ever had that particular experience--choking, that is, but I felt scared for you!
The most scary situation with Anna is when she became separated from me in a water theme park. WHOA! When we found her, I immediately began to cry...I was so so worried. I HATE THAT FEELING!!!! I'm glad that everything turned out okay...:)
Post a Comment