"Emma nated!" is what I heard and when I turned around I saw my beautiful daughter just as the day she was born. Well, about 11 in taller and, oh, 13 lbs heavier, but my point is that she was wearing nothing! What is funny about this story (hang in there with me!) is that 15 seconds earlier, she was wearing socks, a shirt, pants and panties! This girl is fast! Apparently Emma nated means Emma naked!
Ok, can I rant for a moment? Thanks! Almost every time I go out into public with Emma some well meaning stranger will let me know how frightened they are of my cute little girl falling off of whatever object I have placed her on and braking her head open! Yes, I realize that they are caring people who love children and don't want to see my daughter hurt. And yes, most of the time I don't really mind that much and just brush it off. I mean, come on! She is nearly two and has been sitting on counters for at least half of her life! Plus, I am right there. Plus, I would not put my daughter on a surface that she is not comfortable sitting on. Plus, if I never let my daughter sit on anything higher than a kitchen chair, I believe that I would be doing her a disservice in not teaching her to be careful, et all. But today took the cake. I was in a grocery store and Emma was in the front of the cart. We were waiting in line and she had turned around and was rearranging the items in the cart. This wasn't a deep cart but one where the child seat is level with the basket. A worker came over to us and said to Emma in a cute voice (passive aggressive, much?!) "you're gonna fall out of there little girl." Then she looked at me and said "I'm just scared to death watching her!" Sheesh! I was quite irritated. Whatever - Emma has yet to fall off of anything I put her on. *End rant. Thanks for reading!*
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Maria,
Ok, so I tried to send you a post under "poop hole" and the computer I was at said it went through, but obviously it didn't. Anyway, I love checing in here to see just what adorable things Emma says and does...the nursing thing, the naked phase which is apparently still ongoing, and the vocabulary, I laugh just thinking about it. I hope you know just how precious and entertaining your daughter is to those of us who are not family.
Remember my faux hawk hairdo? Yeah, I'm at it again. I love knowing that my boss hates it or would if he bothered to notice it. He hates it when I wear orange or yellow, or red, or anything that isn't dark blue, silver, white, or black, which, let's face it, is just about everything I own that I actually like to wear. Oops for him! I'm not completely overhauling my wardrobe just so I have colors he wears. Come on, I was color-analyzed, and I look best in yellow-based earth tones, and I know it. Plus, I like more eye-catching colors. I just like knowing that it bothers my boss, and he can't do anything about it. I guess I'm not afraid to be opinionated.
Anyway, just so you know, I'm looking at new places to move. I've seen to places in the last 3 hours. So I'll probably be moving in the next bit, which translates to before New Year's when I'm in Boise. So, if you have, say, a box of cookies or something to send me, my address will change soon. And hopefully, in a couple of days, I could tell you what that address is. At any rate, I'll talk to you later. I have to start writing/typing a paper that is due at 5pm tomorrow, and it's the closest thing to a final that I have, short of my bassoon jury, which was this past Monday night. I love being a grad student as opposed to being an underfed, I mean undergrad. No more real lectures, my classes are seminars that are discussion oriented. I much prefer this method.
Talk to you later. I need to figure out what I'm going to write about. You can call me Saturday, but probably not before noon, as I think this is going to be a late night, followed by a long day tomorrow, and thus I'll probably be exhausted when I'm done, and then I'll sleep in Saturday morning. And no finals for me next week!!! Poor saps who will have to take test next week. My heart almost goes out to them...
Later,
KC
Post a Comment