Nestlé-Free Zone



Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Here comes!

Do you believe in resurrection? Don't get all philosophical on me - yes or no? I believe in resurrection. (note - please don't take this too seriously!) The resurrection of the most annoying toy ever!! While we were staying with my sister, her daughter came into the position of one toy phone. Voila - Emma loved the phone and soon having only one phone and two toddlers became a problem. So, not having tons of money to blow, I found Emma a toy phone at a dollar store. It had, excuse me, has the most annoying sound bytes I have ever heard. With the push of a button you are subjected to a clip of barbie techno-disco-whatever-it's-called that plays for a good 15 seconds. If your child loves this "music", 15 sec is then repeated over and over again. But hey, problem solved - no more fights over a toy phone. So we move into our new apartment and the phone craze kind of dies out with the cheap batteries. The phone is, ahem, "lost" and all is well. Then I find myself laboring in our birth pool 3 short hours from giving birth to Daniel. What do I hear? Na, na, nah, na, na, na, na, nah! During labor! Where did it get the extra juice? I had Tuan put the kibosh on that one pretty fast, let me tell you! Daniel is born and the phone is "lost again". Well, today the phone somehow re-appeared. Ugh. Emma loves music and after nearly every song on a cd will ask "wherza da next dong?" I tell her that it is coming, just wait. And when it starts I say "Here it comes". Now Emma is playing with the phone and I hear the tunes get lower and lower and slower and slower. Yea! The battery is finally giving up the ghost. She asks me "whereza da next dong?". "I'm sorry Emma, the batteries must be dead". 2 min later I hear "here comes, here comes"! What do you know, the phone is resurrected and producing it's lovely sound bytes once again . . . and again . . . and again! This thing just won't die. It's like my own personal cockroach!

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Hilarious post! That toy doesn't sound like it will EVER die! ha ha!

I'm nervous for the day when Anna decides she wants to listen to modern "cool" music...i would probably prefer the barbie music to the terrible heavy metal/rap trash that's on the radios now.