Nestlé-Free Zone



Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving dinner

Since we have both Vietnamese heritage and American heritage in our family our Thanksgiving dinner reflects that. Tuan didn't grow up celebrating Thanksgiving (natch) so a special dinner is from my side. Before Daniel and I stopped eating gluten, I made these eggrolls (Tuan's Dad's recipe and method) often. Now they are a once a year treat for Tuan and Emma. I should make them more often but I hate even bringing gluten into the house.


(Not bad for only making them once a year, eh?)

Roast chicken, Mashed potatoes and gravy, crannberries and stuffing from my side.

Egg rolls and shrimp fried rice from Tuan's side. (If I knew how to make other of his dad's dishes I would - believe me I will learn as soon as I get the chance.)

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I like how you integrate both heritages in your family. Last year we had borscht for Christmas Eve because it is a Ukrainian special soup. :o)

James and Jessi McCalvy said...

I'd LOVE to get the recipe for the eggrolls! Would you share or is it super secret!? jmccalvy at gmail.com :)

Dirk and Trish said...

I'm so jealous! We still talk about T's dad's cooking-especially that wonderful week after your wedding reception when we "had" to help with the leftovers. Yum!