The very first week we did this she came to visit us. And boy did I put her to work! We (and when I say we I mean Tuan) just rearranged almost every room in our house. The kitchen and bathroom stayed where they were. The master bedroom became the guest room, the toy room became the living room and the living room became the master bedroom. The large room that housed the washer/dryer/freezer in the basement is now the toy room. We have a lot of toys. And it was not exactly up to par (ahem-spiders-ahem) to having children play in it. So my awesome sister did all the heavy lifting and helped with ideas and suggestions for a creative layout. It might look like we just moved stuff from here to there but don't be fooled - there was a lot of cleaning and reorganizing. It has taken a bit to get used to but so far it's working out really great! THANK YOU Sarah!
Before . . .


During . . .

After!

My sister found this mirror languishing behind a box of college books. Look what she did with it. No sooner had she set it up next to the dress up box then there were four little kids twirling and preening in front of it. Inspired!

This is how we originally put it. The next day I got some hangers and Em helped me hang all the dresses up to make room in the box for the rest of the dress up stuff! I secured the mirror with bungee cords. It's not going anywhere! Well, until one of the kids decides to figure out how bungee cords attach!
Aug 09


3 comments:
Is this the sister that has a daughter who looks just Emma, except without the same skin tone???? I remember seeing a picture recently and they still look so much alike.
I also liked your sister's post. It was very touching.
KC
Fantastic! Love the pictures.
It looks so great! I love how the mirror helped change that whole corner. I really miss hanging out with you and Sarah... :-(
Post a Comment