These were fun for Emma to design and fun for me to make. She has a pair of blue flip flops that we still need to fancy up.
Every time Emma sees those fancy hair bow/clips she wants some. But my goodness they are expensive since they are all handmade by work at home moms. Every time I tell her that I just know we can make our own! But it took me forever to find the alligator clips - look at a beauty supply store btw. The day I found the clips, Emma and I designed and make these clips. I used the tools and lots of info from the flip flops tutorial. And now I have found an e-book for sale for these! lol I made a bunch for two of my nieces because I went a little crazy with the clearanced ribbon and I just had too much fun making them. I'm getting better at making them too. Emma sure isn't complaining!

(sorry - bad picture)
I found a tutorial for a crochet cell phone bag. I made one for me because I am wearing skirts nearly every day since it is so hot. Emma saw me making it and of course wanted one for her. She chose her yarn and in 15 minutes hers was ready. They work up super fast. I made one for Daniel too but don't have a picture of it yet. Same thing but in green and blue. lol


3 comments:
How cute are THOSE! Can you recommend that e-book to me to make the bows? I really want to learn how to make them, because you're right - they are super expensive!
I haven't bought the e-book but the reviews look very promising. I edited my post to fix the first link (grr - not sure why I keep messing them up) and added in the link to the hair bow e-book. Let me know how yours go!
http://youcanmakethis.com/info/featured-products/LTB-Hair-Bow-Instructions.htm
Very cute barrettes. Maybe YOU should go into business selling them! :-)
Post a Comment