Daniel is reacting to something in my milk. So I have eliminated wheat and dairy from my diet. Now - I LOVE cheese. I do miss it. But strangly enough it's the butter that I am missing most right now. That must be because there has been no cheese in the house since I gave it up. ;o) We'll see how it goes when/if there is some around.
But I am always trying to think in terms of what I can eat not what I can't. (curse you pizza cravings! lol)
This new diet has really led to some surprising and yummy dishes. I decided to share them with you as I feel very proud of my acomplishments!


2 comments:
Hi! I've been reading your blog for a long time (I'm an MDC mom), but I've never commented before.
I noticed you've given up dairy and wheat...I'm vegan, myself, and thought I would recommend the "Follow Your Heart" vegan cheese. If you tent some foil over it in the oven for ~10 minutes, you can get it to melt.
However, I've actually switched to using the Tahini Dressing from Vegan with a Vengeance, instead...I'll post the recipe in your comments if you're interested. It's wonnnnnnderful! I just squirt it all over the pizza.
Good luck with your elimination diet...
Holly
i came from a family that used moundfulls of butter on everything. then Rob and i started watching what we eat and discovered Earth Balance- it's a vegan alternative. it's better than butter and margarine! trust me, heaven. :)
Post a Comment