Nestlé-Free Zone



Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Stepping stones!

We got all the materials for these a few weeks ago but didn't get around to them until now.

making the design



transfering it to the mortar (got a suggestion that mortor was a bit nicer than cement)


drying

I made one with flowers on it that I really liked but didn't make it thick enough and it broke in 3 pieces. Boo. :o(

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What a FUN idea! Where did you find the info on those??

Maria said...

sorry Jill - for some reason it wasn't notifying me of these comments. I got the idea from thediydish.com They broke older ceramic plates ans such but I just took the kids to the $ store and had them choose some glass beads. Then we got a bag of morter. I just added water and stired until I got the right consistency (pudding). It was pretty fun!