Nestlé-Free Zone



Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our Bookshelf

The Crimson Comet

Emma and Daniel both liked the fun whimsical story. I really liked the vintage illustrations. Just a nice story of a brother and sister going on a pretend journey to the moon.

Ten Little Bears

Daniel LOVES this book! He "reads" it to me. Just a cute poem counting book. One of those random books that could go either way and Daniel just happened to love it!

The Magic Kerchief

Daniel never made it all the way through this book without losing interest. But Emma requested it lots. The story is fun without being to preachy and the pictures could be better but aren't too bad.

A Dog's Book of Bugs
Daniel found this book interesting but didn't love it the way I thought he would. Maybe in a year or so? I really love how it is written from a dog to a dog. So I thought it was charming but the kids were pretty meh. LOL

Sipping Speders Through a Straw

Don't check this one out unless you want your child walking around your house singing "99 bottles of blood on the wall - 99 bottles of blood" slightly off-tune (except for your kids Jill lol) and often at the top of their lungs! The author has written gruesome poems to be sung to common tunes (Home of the Strange, Oh, My Darling Frankenstein etc). It's a pretty fun book. There are two others like this Take Me Out of the Bathtub and I'm Still Here in the Bathtub but we haven't checked them out yet.



This is a really great book. Both kids loved it and requested it again and again. The pictures are darling and they loved hunting for the hidden moose every few pages.



True story: The kids and I were at the park and I asked Daniel what kinds of books he wanted to check out of the library today. He didn't know so I suggested "how about a dinosaur book?" To which he replied "no! a POOP book! A dinosaur POOP book!" He and Emma are in a stage were all you have to say to get them to giggle is poop. Or pee. Or poot. Yeah - fun times. So I said I would see what I could find. And guess what I found on the shelf? Yep. A dinosaur poop book! It wasn't a hit only beause it is written for older kids. I just couldn't believe the luck!

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Ha ha ha! Actually, Anna & Keithy are on key while singing...but Iryna? Poor thing! She loves to sing, but it's not on key. Of course, I encourage her to sing anyway! :D