Nestlé-Free Zone



Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Mad Scientist

We don't drink a lot of pop around here but the kids an have it if they want it. The other day after finishing her orange soda, Emms asked if we could ever make some. You see she hears that a lot! "Oh, we don't have to buy that - I know I/we could make it."

Actually Emma - I think we could make some fizzy orange juie! A friend recently gifted us with a lot of madarin oranges and grapefruits. So we (I) peeled and juiced them. Then the fun began!

First Emma used a hammer to break up the dry ice.


Then she put each piece in the pitcher.


I poured in the juice

(picture courtesy of Emma)

Look what happens when I blow on it, Mother!


I told her that she looked like a mad scientist!


Time for a taste test


Unfortunately there were too many grapefruits in the mix and she didn't like the sour aftertaste.

So the next day we got some more dry ice and made fizzy lemonade.



In a bowl instead of the pitchar which was full of fizzy orange juice (yes - I'm about sick of fizzy orange juice - being the only one who drinks it! lol). While the taste was better, it wasn't as fizzy. Bummer.

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Wow, you guys CAN make anything! I am impressed!