Nestlé-Free Zone



Saturday, January 09, 2010

Doll House

Emma really loves her cousins' doll house. She has informed us that she wants a doll house. It's very important to me that it be a family gift so she agreed that she and Daniel could each have their own personal dolls while sharing the house (with Beth of course when she is older). Daniel decided that he wanted to help save up too in order to more quickly save enough. We talked about how much it costs (a lot) and how long it would take to save up the money (a while) and what they could do to earn/save money for it. So I give them quarters for putting away their own laundry (Emma's forte - she even helps put away ours!) etc and when we go shopping instead of buying them a treat as usual I give them what the treat would have cost and they save it for their dollhouse (Daniel's forte - he spends all laundry time jumping on the bed. lol). I am also putting more effort into my Etsy store to help them earn enough.

Emma was very excited and chose a jar to keep the money in. I offered her a quarter to wash it out (wow - was it dusty!). She got right to work.


Hey - no having fun - saving up is hard work!






Kidding!



The other day I was reaching for my purse and accidently knocked the cup full of spare change off of the piano and onto the floor. Ugh! It had been a very frustratng day and I was ready to cry. Then I had an awesome idea.. I told the kids that whatever they picked up they could put in their Doll house jar. I was even surprised that they were still gung-ho over saving up money! And the coins got picked up really quickly. :o)

No comments: