Nestlé-Free Zone



Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Surprise she's here!

Ok, the fake belly shot post - it was a bit of a joke on my part.

The real news is. . . .








Our newest family member decided to surprise everyone and make her grand entrance at just 37 weeks!

She was born unassisted at home in the water. Daniel slept, Emma watched avidly and Tuan helped catch. She weighs 7lbs 14oz and is 19in long. I will update with a name once we decide!

Now to the fun part!






9 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I can't wait to learn her name. :o)

Annie said...

Wow. You are amazing! So when you say "unassisted", does that mean no medicine? You had a midwife right? It sounds like it was just you and Tuan... Well, anyway - very impressive and congratulations! I love the picture of everyone sleeping.

Dirk and Trish said...

Congrats! How fun. Can't wait to hear the name.

Maria said...

Annie,

unassited actually means just that. :o) It was just me, Tuan, Emma and Daniel! But Daniel conked out early lol

And yes, it was planned. :o)

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering what was causing the blog silent treatment we seemed to be getting. I had this wild thought that the baby had come, and then I thought that maybe I was just reading too much into the silence. So it appears that I was on the mark. So happy that everything went smoothly and the you seem to have a happy arrival. I love the picture with everyone asleep (except you, of course!).

KC

James and Jessi McCalvy said...

Congratulations! Another beautiful girl!

Annie said...

Okay, now I know you really are crazy. :) Obviously I am very uneducated about this, but if you don't mind me asking, "Why?"
Isn't homebirth pretty risky? How do you know if everything is going okay with the baby and you?

It must have been an incredible experience - would you do it again? I'm glad that everything went well. And she is beautiful. Congrats again!

Oh, and what an educational thing for Emma! Did she have a bunch of questions?

Sarah said...

So happy to see your little girl, Maria! I realized after I left the other day that I never even held her!

Annie, homebirth by a healthy woman with a healthy, normal pregnancy is no more risky than hospital birth. According to some studies, it's even safer by a small margin.

And, at least in the case of my homebirths after my hospital birth, so much more satisfying.

Maggie said...

She is gorgeous! You are gorgeous!! Amazing job!

Can't wait to find out her name :)

-Maggie