Nestlé-Free Zone



Monday, February 04, 2008

Sledding

Today I was pleasantly surprised to see a decent blanket of snow on the ground. About 2 inches. Blades of grass poked up sporadically through, but it was enough for sledding! On Saturdy the groundhog saw his shadow predicting 6 more weeks of winter. Regardless I'm afraid that each snowfall will be our last and so try to take advantage of each chance to sled we have. Today after breakfst we bundled the kidos up and headed to a nearby park with a great sledding hill. The sun was hidden behind the clouds but the snow was still beginning to melt. Perfect for snowmen and snowballs! We built a decent snowman, but it toppled over before long. I think I plunked the head down a little too vigorously! We had lots of fun sledding and after a few runs Emma was carrying her sled back up the hill all by herself. She wouldn't let us help her! I don't know why I was so surprised, after all - she is really independant. My little girl is growing up! *sniff*

When we got cold, damp and Daniel got tired we headed back. Well - we let Emma know that she had 5 more runs down the hill. When they were up Emma still wasn't ready to come home. I ended up carrying her (kicking and screaming) all the way back to the car. :o( Definately not my best mommy moment. *sigh* As we pulled in we could see that the fort our neighbors were building when we left was really an igloo! They had been hard at work the whole time we were gone. Cool stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

send some snow to Texas. It was a record 82 degrees here today.

Mamapierce said...

We went up to MI and there's TONS of snow there...it simply isn't fair - we live a mere 4 hours south of where the Mons live, but they get all the snow...:o(