I must hear that 100 times a day. I love it!
I don't particularly like Michael Moore. Regardless, I am looking forward to his exposé on the US health care system, called "Sicko." It came to theaters yesterday. I really must find time to go see it.
We are behind every industrialized nation and several third world countries in health care and infant/maternal mortality rates, for two reasons: The poor can't get quality care, and the rich are given more than necessary so they can be over-charged to make up for money lost on serving the poor.
For instance - A labor nurse's experience with differing treatments among those who can pay and those who can't. Read this interesting blog entry for a little peak
A friend of mine says it best: "I believe that for-profit health care is one of the most heinous crimes against humanity. When people can't get the medications and treatments they need without going bankrupt, when most of our homeless people are simply people with untreated mental illness, when over 30 countries have better infant and mother outcomes than we do, something is sinfully wrong."
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
i couldn't agree more with you and your friend. this "every man for himself" mentality is KILLING us. i could go on and on but it's such a sensitive topic for me being uninsured and treated as such. i have seen it first hand and it happen to family and friends. to insure me alone it would cost our food budget and more. :(
Post a Comment