
Study of Madonna Nursing and Profile Heads
LEONARDO da Vinci
c. 1480
Are you curious? You must read the entire post to find out what this title means. Or, I suppose you could just scroll down - shame on you! ;o)
Yesterday I made significant progress in losing weight. I hadn't planned on the extra exercise I got in, but hey, I'll take it where I can get it. I suppose I should include some background information.
"Hello, my name is Maria and I am a lock-my-keys-in-my-keys-in-the-car-aholic."
I do this quite often and always swear never to let it happen again. I am particularly bad when pregnant. Last year I locked the keys in the car 3 times in one week prompting me to pee on a stick. It was positive! (don't get your hopes up - I have already checked - negative!) So yesterday Emma and I head out to the craft store to pick up a few things for her b-day presents. I stick my keys in my bag and then get her out of her seat. As I turn around and close the door, I realize that I cannot hear my keys jangling. I walk around the car and see my keys winking up at me from their comfy spot on the driver's seat. "Hi! Have fun getting back in without us!" Well, nothing could keep me from the craft store so we went on in, shopped and when we were done we headed back home via foot. It's not super far - probably only about 2 miles. But I was kicking myself all the way home (I'm very talented!) for not having my mei-tei with me. But Emma was really great about it all and promptly nursed to sleep once we were home. The hard part was finding someone who could give me a ride back to the store! Perhaps this latest escapade will finally kick my rear into gear to get the spare key installed on the outside of our vehicle. Maybe. Possibly. Next time I think about it. When I'm waking home again?
Every night after Emma's bath we sit on our bed and read in the scriptures. Then we say a family prayer and Emma nurses to sleep. Every night Emma comes out of the bathroom and announces to me that it's time for "diptures and pears". It just doesn't get any cuter than that!


2 comments:
Hmmm...that scenario sounds vaguely familiar. Why didn't you call me for a ride? Maybe that wouldn't work now days, huh? You've rubbed off on me though! I had to call D. to leave work early cause my car locked my keys in. Sounds like a cop out, I know, but it auto-locks. Funny about the POAS connection though!
Trish
I lock my keys in the car a lot too. I actually just did it recently. Unfortunately my kids were also in the car. *sigh* My story's on my blog: http://crunchytown.blogspot.com/2007/02/trapped-in-truck.html
I'm glad to see there the trolls who were posting unsupportive messages are gone. Hope everything in your ward is going well.
Post a Comment