
This is the birthday cake I made for Emma. I made a two layer white cake with my Grandma's homemade current jelly sandwiched between the layers, covered in orange cream cheese frosting (tinted pink) and silk flowers. Sheesh, that sounds like a wedding cake description! I was rather pleased with the final result - and it didn't taste half bad either!
I think Emma liked it too.

It was much less messy than last year! For comparison:

Emma enjoyed helping Daddy blow the balloons up.

And Daniel enjoyed playing with them!

This wooden birthday cake was her gift from my dad. It came with a server, a knife, a platter, eight colored wooden candles and there are spots for a candle on each piece. Emma LOVES it. Hopefully within the year I will be able to save up enough to get Emma and Daniel a wooden play kitchen with all the necessary amenities.
If you look in the background of this picture you will see the wooden sewing machine she got. Now while I am sewing she can use her own instead of constantly changing the stitch length and tension on mine!
Unfortunately she will have to grow a bit more to be able to use the wooden trike she got. Right now she loves having her Daddy push her around on it.


1 comment:
Beautiful cake! Great job!
Post a Comment