So my sister tells me about these doorway puppet theaters. So I decide that I have found the perfect use for a retired queensize fitted sheet.

I knocked this thing out in the 1 1/2 hrs that Daniel napped yesterday. No, it isn't professional. No, it isn't even very great looking. You can thank Emma for insisting that I add the lace trim. But you know what? They have played with it nearly non-stop since I set it up! No kidding! Most of their play does consist of standing on my lap (while I sit on a stool) and moving the "puppets" around while I provide the singing/narration/dialogue etc.
.jpg)

It is so much fun! It is the first outlet Emma has really embraced for pretend play.
So make one! Use an old sheet. Or some new cute fabric. Or buy one from one of these awesome Etsy shops! Your kids will love it! And I'm not telling you any measurments because I just measured the doorway I was putting it in and cut. It is just a bottom rectangle, a top rectangle and two skinny rectanles. I sewed the skinny ones to the top so that I only needed two rods. Do what you want.
Post note: I didn't spend a thing to make this. The sheet and thread we already had. The spring rods we already had for downstairs curtains (that's another post entirely! lol). And the lace and ties were in a big box of craft stuff I snagged from freecycle. (does your town have a yahoo freecycle group? you must check!) So this project was even a Tuan pleaser! heh, heh.


3 comments:
How fun!
I love freecycle!
That is so cute! Great job! I think I'm going to make one. My kids love puppet shows!
So fun! My mom has wanted to get a puppet theater for L, but I don't like finding room to store things. This is perfect! And you can totally make it to match a bedroom, or you could even make interchangeable panels for different storylines. I think green on the bottom w/ a blue cloud fabric on top would be fun. Now we'll see if I ever make it...
Post a Comment