Nestlé-Free Zone



Monday, September 15, 2008

Organic pork - 150 lbs of it!

My sis found a great organic pig farm. She and her dh generously offered to load and transport our pig to the slaughter house. It was a deal we couldn't refuse! So we scoured garage sales for chest freezers and ordered a pig. When we got the boxes we enlisted the kids for help catalouging the cuts and getting the frozen meat into the freezer. Did I mention that it was frozen? Yep - very cold on little hands. So I quickly scrounged through our box of misc. cold weather stuff. Poor D had two colors of mittens because that's all I could find.


"Daddy, this meat is heavy!!"


"Is that my bacon Mommy?"

Then we got D and Em to "flex" their muscles. Enjoy!

I love how the last flex turns into him scratching his nose. lol

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Wow - that's a LOT of meat! Was it much cheaper than in the stores? I've thought about doing something like that. My uncle in OK raises cows and his beef is SO tasty!

Alabama Apples said...

Yummy! Gotta love deep freezes!

Maria said...

No - it wasn't cheaper than the grocery but the quality is so far superior that it is still a great deal! It is very tasty. We are going to be getting some organic/free-range chiickens soon. I hope to find a beef source as well.