Nestlé-Free Zone



Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Duiber

It's kind of hard to write this one out phonetically. What she is refering to are her boogers. I actually wasn't sure what I wanted her to call them when she first presented me with one and asked what it was. I thought for a minute and decided to call them boogers. (well, what would you have chosen?) It was so cute to hear her say it. (still is actually, but I'll get to that) Each time she pulled one out, we would help her find a rag or trash can for it. Nowadays though, we don't get the chance. She will tell me - put duiber in my mouf. What that means is that she has just put her booger in her mouth and is eating it. Ok, I'm a pretty chill mom about these things (I like to think) but this one gets to me. Little chills in my center - know-what-I-mean? But I try not to act all disgusted because she will feel that she as a person disgusts me. Besides, how many people do you know who still eat their boogers? Thought so! So I just calmly explained that while they may taste sweet (I nearly typed sweat - how aprapos!), they have no nutrients and don't help her body or giver her any energy. So now she has added a phrase: Put duiber in my mouf. Heps my body. I can insist until I am blue in the face that, no - it is waste and doesn't help her body, but she will still insist that they do. sigh. toddlers! :o)

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

I don't like the term "boogers." That word just shouldn't be a word in our vocabulary. I use the term mucus. Yes, I know that it sounds corny, but it sounds infinitely better than booger. Ooh, I don't even like to type that word!!!