Nestlé-Free Zone



Monday, May 03, 2010

Our Bookshelf

Adele and Simon in America
I really liked this one. Two children travel across America with their aunt - Simon losing an item in each spot. It was a fun "learn about America" without the annoying Dora styles "you're a great counter!!".

The Black Dog Who Went Into the Woods

The kids never actually read this one but I did and really liked it. It is a very peaceful, gentle story of a dog who went into the woods beause he was old and ready to die. Just a really nice story that helps children understand and animals death without smaking you in the face with clouds and "doggy heaven"

Froggy Gets Dressed

This one got requested a lot! Our library recently got a selection of really large, oversize books. The kids grabbed this one and I read it to them. I found the small size that you can actually check out for them. There are lots of sound words that are great to do with kids.

Grandmother, Have the Angels Come?

Emma liked this one. The pictures were beautiful even if the story was a bit halting.

The Other Dog

I liked this one. Emma listened to the whole story, but we lost Daniel to "bear hunts" (worthy of a post all on its own) with Daddy. It's cute - the dog is the author. Reading the authors note at the end makes it sweeter.

That's it for this week! Hope you enjoyed a look at our bookshelf.

No comments: