Nestlé-Free Zone



Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Our Bookshelf

So we live a 5 minute walk from our city library. Nice - but because it's so close we actually don't get there as often. So I'm trying to put it into our schedule just like gymnastics and dance. I also thought it would be fun to have a regular post with the books that we really liked that week. Let's see how it goes, eh?

The magic of spider woman
A Native American tale that I grabbed mostly because it's title intrigued me and I thought it would draw Emma and Daniel in. It did and Em requested it several times!

A Sweetheart for Valentine
We first got this one back in Feb and the kids LOVED it! A simple tale of a Giant baby adopted by a small town that becomes her family. Daniel found it again and they both request it lots! Who-da-thunk.

More pies
The Paperbag Princess
Two Robert Munsch faves. Did you know that you can listen to him read lots of his stories here?

Cherries and Cherry Pits
Music, music for everyone
These are both by the same author. D didn't have much interest but Emma liked them both. They are just - peaceful I guess stories.

George, the Dragon and the princess
I loved the pictures - very fun. Em loved the switch-er-roo type story. George is the mouse, btw.

The Super Hungry Dinosaur
I grabbed this one for Daniel. He never read it though! Em however got a big kick out of it. lol

Honkers
I picked this one up purely because the picture on the front (a prairie water color scene) appealed to me and I hoped it would appeal to Emma. She didn't notice it until nearly the end but enjoyed the young goose-girl story. Bonus points for the little girl being 'almost six' - "just like me Mother!"
ETA - go figure - the one cover I really wanted you to see and I an't find a pic anywhere! bugger.

Where’s the Dragon
The best for last! Emma but especially Daniel absolutely LOVED this book and so did I! You can see that amazon has it for cheap and the next time I get some book $$ I will be buying it. The pictures are very clever and keep the kids finding hidden faces and dinosaurs everywhere!

Hope you enjoyed a glimpse at our bookshelf!

No comments: