Nestlé-Free Zone



Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Emma, dress designer


So I was asked about this dress in a comment. Emma was not a toddler who particularly cared about her clothes. But once she turned three all of a sudden she only wanted to wear skirts and dresses. No pants/jeans/shorts for her. We had to make several trips to the fabric store to get more thread for the curtain linings I was making. Each time she would ooh and aah over the display of Valentine's Day fabric and ask if I could make her a dress from the fabric. We waited for a sale on the fabric and patterns and turned Daniel loose on the pattern books while we looked for the perfect dress and fabric. She chose this pattern and we moved onto fabric. I really like her choices and think that they turned out really cute.



Sunday morning and she wants me to make the dress for her to wear to church. I worked as fast as I could but knew that I wouldn't have time to put the zipper in. So I added a belt really quick and sewed the zipper seam. Embarrasingly enough I still need to put the zipper in and shorten the straps a tad. Oh well - she wears it all the time and when the zipper seam finally wears out I'll have to put the zipper in. lol

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I admire your sewing abilities. :o)

Cindy said...

Nice job. I agree, great fabric choices Emma!