Every year we each get to open one gift at midnight on Christmas eve. Last year Emma made it all the way to midnight. This year it was obvious Daniel wasn't going to make it so we did it early. However it was still late and this is the best picture I got of our presents - new jammie pants. Look closely - I promise there are four sets of pants in there. lol

After all the papers were folded and in bags I filled the stockings. It was fun. Unfortunately I then had to trudge through the snow delivering papes. Sigh - only two more weeks!

This is a pic and video of Emma's very first playing on her "just my hize" violin. Too, too cute. She loves her violin and everyday since she got it she plays it with "Celtic Women".

Their uncle (Thanks Dale!) sent them these hats from bolivia. It was a trick to get both of them in one frame at the same time as they were so excited to be off and playing! :o)

It's still a bit big for D, but just right for Emma. (her Grandma made the dress she is wearing)

I found this train table at the height of summer and had it stashed in the garage just waiting for Christmas. Man that was hard! lol It is really awesome (I may enjoy it as much or more than Em and D!). What you see is about 1/4th of the tracks that came with it. And everything stores in bins underneath it. It really is cool. But it is also quite a challenge when both Em and D want to play with it at the same time. Which is everytime one or the other climbs on!

As you can see - Emma's style of play is more constructive.

While Daniel's is more destructive.

Emma really made my Christmas this year. I made her this dress and she loved it so much that she insisted on sleeping in it! She wore it over the jammie pants I made for her for two days straight! The only thing she has ever worn that much is, well, her birthday suit. So it really meant a lot to me. Ever the stylish girl, she accesorized it with this scarf herself. Here she is running out to meet her Daddy. Yes it is snowing. No she is not wearing a coat. Or shoes. That's Emma for you!

Speaking of snow - here is my all-time favorite video clip of this winter.
One more fun one:


7 comments:
Yay! More pics!
I absolutely LOVE the pic of Emma in the dress in the snow. It's lovely.
ditto to the above comment. and you play the violin???!!! i am so jealous.
Those were great! I love that train table! One thing we discovered when we had one is that after you put the train tracks away, it is the ideal height for a craft table for kids. Love the tiny violing too! Where in the world did you find that?
Double ditto to the comment above about the train table and the violin.
The violin video is so so cool!
(and the kids playing in the snow)
Thanks so much for the comments everyone!
What a great idea Cindy - I can't believe I hadn't thought of that yet. :o)
I got the violin from a company right here in town. Crazy enough I won it on an ebay auction!
What fun! Tyler & I are impressed how many things you packed onto your entertainment center...lol
Post a Comment