Emma loves going garage saling with me. Last Saturday Tuan and Daniel came too. It was a great day! Below are the pics of what Tuan found.
Exactly!
Well, to be fair - he bought a box of crayons for Emma and Daniel for 10 cents. That's it!
Sooooooo - here are the pics of what I bought! Hee, hee!
I finally found a mini fridge for Emma and Daniel! It took me all summer, but I found one! I think it's actually a good thing it took several months to find. I have gotten much better at bargaining. It was marked at $35 but I managed to haggle it down to $25. And this was even within the first hour they were open!

This I found at a sale with about $200 worth of toys. They were all plastic (not my thing) but I spotted this gem hidden among them. I asked how much and they only wanted $4 for it! I am going to sand it down and stain it to get it back to the beautiful wood. Emma loves dumping out all of the toys I keep in it and playing inside.
Emma is wearing the Lightning McQueen shirt she snagged and a pair of pants I picked out for Daniel. Both are size 12 mos. The shirt fits and the pants are capris on her! She and D are so close to the same size. I actually get asked if they are twins!

This is only half of what I got for $5! Emma was busy playing with the rest. :o) I'm always on the lookout for beads for Em and D to play with. Nearly all of these are wood and big enough that I don't have to worry about D choking on them. At the same sale I also found at least a dozen fun colored shoelaces. You know - there's something relaxing about threading beads onto laces. Emma will play with these for, well, tens of minutes! If you know Em, you know that she is always going and doesn't stay with something for very long before she's on to the next thing.

At only $1 a piece, these camp chairs weren't a necessity, but impossible to pass up!

While I was gleefully rummaging through stacks of infant boys clothes (all in like-new condition!) Emma found this book. The nose squeaks, so D likes it too. :o}

This purse Emma found and charmed the owner into selling it and a small stuffed animal to her for a quarter. Three of the watermelons at the bottom light up.
I don't have a picture of it all, but for only $5 I got 5 shirts, 4 pairs of pants, 2 sweatshirts and 3 shirts for me! I felt a bit bad that Tuan didn't find anything, but I sure had a blast!


2 comments:
Wow--that's a HUGE smile from D!!! So cute!!!
I love gawge sailing! I paid $10 in May for Anna's summer wardrobe. You can't beat that!!! :o)
I was almost breathless reading about your buys! I just LOVE great buys like that, and you know the people selling it are glad the new owner is going to get good use out of it too. You scored on your wardrobe too... AWESOME!!
Post a Comment