Thursday, August 06, 2009
Bike helmets
A friend of mine told me that I could get a free bike helmet for each of my kids at a safety carnival. So the morning of, we wake up to cold, wind and rain. Bah. Oh well, let's go anyway. A free helmet is a free helmet. It began at 9 am and we got there at 9:05. The kids headed straight over to the bouncy house (which got shut down after about 30 min because of the rain) while I went to find out where the helmets were. And nobody knew anything. I finally ended up figuring the process out after getting one piece of info from each diff person I talked to. Very frustrating. It turns out they gave away 20 bike helmets each hour on the hour. And you had to be in line with your child before the hour and hope that you were one of the first 20. Oh, and your child had to be at least 3 yrs old. That last bit of info I found out after we had been in line in the rain for 20 min. So we told D that he was now 3 and told Em that D was now 3. But the pleasant surprise was that they weren't all just basic black helmets like I was expecting. Daniel's even has actual googly eyes on each side! It's a bit big for him, but he'll grow into it.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Awesome new helmet! Worth a wait in the rain.
Post a Comment