When you buy into the *scarcity* principle, you live
in "Scare City": a place where you're always afraid of
coming up short.
In Scare City, you can't enjoy what you have -- you're
too busy worrying about what you *don't* have. All the
cups in Scare City are half empty.
Somehow, young children are largely immune to the
distressing effects of living in Scare City...
* They enjoy the abundant *now* while their
parents worry about the lack of time.
* They transform their homes into magical
worlds while their parents worry about the
lack of order.
* They give and receive love endlessly while
their parents carefully ration their limited
supply.
To live the Good Life, you have to leave Scare City
and go to a *dance* -- a joyful, magical, healing
dance where you release your fears and *shake your
booty* like nobody's watching: a-BUN-dance!
Are you willing to do A BUN DANCE with your child? :-)
http://dailygroove.net/scare-city
Friday, May 01, 2009
"Scare City"
I get these posts every day and sometimes one of them really speaks to me. Today's really hit home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Sweetie, bun dances are the order of the day at our house. :)
Thanks for this - it's something we need to be reminded of every so often, isn't it?
Love this post. In my macroeconomics class, we discussed the concept of scarcity, and scarce resources. The idea is that it doesn't matter exactly how much of a resource exists; if it is not simply replaced 'magically' or at will, it must be scarce. It always bothered me, even though I understood the concept. And it's interesting watching the actions of people who've bought into the idea completely...just like the story says; always worrying if what they have will actually be enough, what if there's an emergency?, what if there's not really enough to go around? The whole thing sounds to me like a way to make people buy stuff to keep up with everyone else, and a severe affliction caused by adulthood.
That's why I, for one, choose to embrace my Peter Pan Syndrome while taking advantage of what my adulthood (by age, not necessarily maturity) offers me.
Again, great post!
KC
Love it!
Now I have to check out that site. :)
-Maggie
Too cute and soo true! I love it! Haven't talked to ya or visited your blog in ages!! I must say, your little ones are so very precious! It's amazing how fast children grow up!! Anyway, I just thought I'd drop a line to say hello...so...Hello! It's great to see you're doing well!!
Heather B.
Heather! OMG!! How the heck are ya! Did I send you a newsletter this year? E-mail me!
Post a Comment