Nestlé-Free Zone



Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Spring harvest?

The weather is playing with us. Toying around like it might warm up for good. The anticipations was killing me so I decided to do some prep work on a small garden patch. And I found carrots! Oops - forgot to harvest those. Wasn't sure if they would taste bitter or sweet, but I called Em and D over to help me harvest them. And they had a blast!
Emma just wanted to get them all pulled out. As fast as she could. Before Daniel could! lol

Wait - you want to eat these??

All different sizes. This is what happenes when you do your best to plant the itty bitty carrot seeds w/ the help of your toddlers. And you are too much of a softy to kill, er thin the plants.

Not bad! This summer I am going to plant a lot more carrots so that I can harvest through the winter and early spring. It's only my second garden - I'm still learning.

Oh - and they were so sweet! Em tried a bite, D wasn't interested. I was the only one who ate them raw. Delicious!

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

What fun! I just harvested some green onions from last fall, too! Yummy!