Nestlé-Free Zone



Wednesday, April 13, 2005

What I never thought I would get excited about

I always told myself that I wasn't going to be one of those parents who obsessed about their baby's poop. . . Need I go on? I mean, this post wouldn't even exhist if I was able to do what I said I would do! So yes, I obsess about my baby's poop. However, it isn't the consistancy I obsess about. It's the timing. And four days ago I held Emma over the bathroom sink, gave her a cue and she pooped and peed in the sink for me! I was so elated I felt downright silly! But this is a major landmark for me in this process of communicating with Emma. Ever since she was born, I have been making the same sound to her when I know that she is peeing or pooping. And now she is associating that sound with her muscles! In the last four days, we have caught most of her poops and many pees in the sink or her bucket. Of course, we are still not perfect. (I'm learning to forget about perfection!) On Monday I got peed on three times! But I didn't even care. I love feeling so connected to Emma and I feel so proud when I can see that we are actually communicating with each other.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. Trust me, it gets better. Hannah's in panties now!

For anybody reading this who thinks "Gross" or if you don't know what she's talking about, go to http://www.diaperfreebaby.org/ and read some articles about it-it's fantastic!